Mobile app advertising is fast becoming a dominant tool that helps brands to reach their customers. It even beats television advertising in some countries. Most consumers spend more time on their smartphones rather than watching TV.
If you wish to develop an app for your brand or are looking for iPhone apps development ,Australia, you could find a lot of agencies online.
You should ask a few questions such as how advertising is focused on mobile users and devices, the proportion of advertising you do for mobile and if you invest in mobile creatively at the same level you invest in television ads.
Some of your competitors might be doing all the activities mentioned above. Mobile ad spending has exceeded TV ad spending as mobile hearts are becoming more popular when compared to television.
Mobile app advertising means ad campaigns and ads that are designed for mobile devices. Here, mobile devices fall under the category of tablets, smartphones or wearable devices. Mobile ads might appear within apps on websites viewed from mobile devices or on social media platforms viewed through mobile devices.
Advantages of mobile app advertising
There are different advantages to mobile app advertising that includes:
• * Increase the time spent on mobile devices by consumers
Around more than two billion people already have access to the internet through their smartphones. It is equal to 51 % of the mobile users worldwide. In a short period, around a 20% hike is expected when it comes to smartphone users.
• * Mobile ads have a broader market
Internet traffic that comes in through mobile devices exceeds the traffic that comes through desktop devices for several years now.
• * Mobile app advertising could be a better buy
Mobile phone-based CPCs cost around 24% less than desktop clicks. The ads would have a higher CTR. More than 30% of mobile and tablet users shop for products at least once a week compared to desktop users.
• * Geo-targeting capabilities
Mobile could enable location marketing that desktops cannot match. Consumers would make use of their mobile devices more often than they make use of their desktops. The advertisers, as a result, would have more opportunities to reach them.
Types of Mobile App Advertising
Mobile ads are of different types. It includes:
• * In-app advertising
It is not possible to talk about mobile usage without talking about apps. If you are going to test mobile app advertising, you would owe it to yourself to test app advertising. After all, there is no shortage of any apps. If you can pick the right apps and show the right creative, in-app advertising could work very well.
• * Mobile video advertising
The mobile video would work if you could develop in a creative and test it fast enough before ad creativity starts to diminish.
• * Location-based advertising
Mobile users would have their devices with them almost all the time. This would open up a world of opportunities if you have local businesses with brick and mortar locations.
• * Banner advertising
The banner ad has a place in mobile app advertising. There is a lot of inventory for mobile banner ads so if you could select where those ads appear and pair that with great and creative mobile banner ads that could work.
• * Pop-ups
They are just like the pop-ups you have seen on web pages for years. They are smaller and are designed for mobile screens.
• * Native ads
These types of ads are published either on websites or in social media feeds. They are called native as they look like the content surrounding them. Native ads use high-quality content. They tend to soft-sell advertisers' products if they overly mention them all.
• * Voice ads
Voice search is advanced and available. Paid voice search has not yet taken hold but it will not take long. Don't overlook mobile app advertising channels. Almost all types of mobile app advertising mentioned above could run on social media, search ads, display ad networks and even Amazon ads.
How mobile advertising could be more effective than internet advertising?
• * It could be effective where users are present. Advertisers migrate many more users with the help of mobile phones rather than desktop. Mobile ownership and internet usage are much more than people who use desktops with Internet access. It is estimated that around half of the world's people carry mobile phones. The gap between mobile and PC ownership is greater when it comes to developing markets.
• * Multiple touchpoints are better than one. PC based internet ads have one way to reach the users with the help of the Internet on a PC. There is a much richer menu of options to offer advertisers such as voice, text, multimedia messaging, billing touchpoints, mobile internet, handset clients and more.
• * Due to the one-on-one personal nature of mobile devices, mobile hearts are more effective when it comes to product awareness and sales. The messages are intended for the user, users generally pay more careful attention to mobile ads than the ads that appear on the computers.
• * A trusted billing relationship is where the confidence and high level of trust that the user has in the career facilitates decisions to make a purchase. The purchases from a PC would generally require money transfer methods like PayPal or credit card purchases that could be handled simply, quickly and automatically by familiar and tested billing procedures. This makes users more likely to act on impulse buying with the help of a handset.
• * Direct user responses when the interactive nature of the mobile phone removes barriers to purchase and respond with the help of direct user response capabilities like click to SMS, click to call and click to purchase.
Mobile app advertising is one of the most effective and popular means of advertising that fetches in a lot of results. Almost all the brands now focus more on mobile app advertising rather than advertising on desktop. This is because most of the consumers and users shop using mobile phones rather than using desktops.